My Photo
Name:

Oft misunderstood soul. Shy, reserved, likes to stay in the background, but inevitably mistaken as not shy, extrovert etc. Originally meant to be a culinary blog, but in due course discovered man does not live on cake alone..hence the waffle.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Turning 40, and Thanks To All

Well, what can I say. I had a blast on Friday night, turning 40 and all. The venue, Isthmus, the restaurant opened by Mr K and KTT (name changed from KSL, after we found out See Lai means middle class housewife), and what a GREAT venue. I could not have hoped for a better venue. The food was excellent, everyone was raving about it. The layout was .... well, better than any hotel. We had the mezzanine all to ourselves, to have cocktails, and chit chat, and the upper mezzanine, two rows of 20 each, for a sit down dinner.

To be honest, I can't quite coherently recall what happened once the mains were served. I recall a touching toast read by dear Chinese Woman Married to Malay Man, on behalf of Woman I Am Scared Of. Margaritas, shots, wine and bubbly flowed freely. It's been a long time since such a large group of us have met up for some serious drinking. Then again, was it only me who was plastered? Well, I know of a few casualties. The night before, ie Thursday night, was celebrated with the family and kids.

Anyway, it's a myth that the day you turn 40 you immediately need reading glasses.

Thank you all for a wonderful time; and the wonderful presents; the wonderful Ipaq pocket computer, the mini compo, the extra Kenwood Bowl for the Kenwood chef, and whisk, which has already been used, the Louis Vuitton Wallet, my first LV product, (as in not from Petaling Street), the beautiful cake plate from Godma and book, the electronic scale (not to weigh myself, but to weigh food ingredients), the nike shirt and nike bag, the certificate for the patisserie course in HTC, the Wedgewood double tier cake plate, ....I love them all, and I love you all. Oh, and the astromax from my darling sister.





By the way, I made all my own birthday cakes. One for each decade. There was a lemon cheesecake, a rum and raisin pie, a chocolate mudcake, and a walnut coffee sour cream cake.






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the place looks nice. just curious what are the pricing like over there?

11:38 AM  
Blogger jacqui_woo said...

I can't believe I let your 40th pass without even a squeak from us! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (sorry)

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 40th! :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger yw[2k] said...

Happy 40th Birthday!

(Sorry was so extremely late... Was busy in the office lately... Oops) :P

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home